Getting your Discord server onto Discord.me can be extremely beneficial for your server. Discord.me is a great website for making your server visible to more people. You can get a good bump of high-quality members who peruse the site. Getting your server onto the site is a relatively easy process, and we’ve laid out the instructions in detail here, so you can get your account set up and server on the front page in no time!
Getting Your Server Ready
- Create a Discord server – obviously before getting your server onto Discord.me, you need a server!
- Go to Discord’s server settings in the app
- Click ‘Widget’ on the left side
- Toggle on the Enable Server widget
- Set an Instant Invite Channel (it’s best if you don’t choose a voice channel so people don’t just come into voice chat)
- Copy the Server ID from the Widget page (you’ll need to enter this into the submission form later)
Putting Your Server Onto Discord.me
- Go to Discord.Me
- Create an account on Discord.me (passwords on Discord.me are hashed for security, but we recommend using a different password than on Discord itself)
- Click ‘Manage’ at the top of Discord.me
- Click ‘Add Discord Server’
- Fill out the form
a. Server ID is the Server ID you copied from the previous section
b. Keywords should be related to your server – if they are unrelated, people may leave after joining if they were expecting something else
c. The custom URL is just the ending of the url (Not https://discord.me/myurl, but just ‘myurl’)
d. A password is optional, but will allow your server to be password protected – a new member will need to enter the password to join
e. Both ‘Public’ and ‘Active’ must be checked to show up on the server listing
- Click ‘Add Discord Server’ and it should add to Discord.me! (If it doesn’t show, be sure to check back to section 1 and make sure that your Enable Server widget is toggled on.
Keep Coming Back to Bump Your Server
- Once you add your server, you can go back to the ‘Manage’ page and click on ‘Update Icons’ to pull in your Discord server icon
- Make sure that all of your server information is accurate and add in any supplemental information
- Once the server has been listed, it is important to visit the site every 6 hours to bump the server for more points – the more points your server has, the higher it is on the list
- The bump points reset on the 1st and 15th of each month, so be sure to check on your server often!
Hopefully these instructions help you get your Discord server onto Discord.me. If you still have questions or problems, feel free to leave a comment here, or contact us. See you on the front page!